Who am I?
I consider myself a mixed bag of many things awesome, weird and crazy with a rebellious streak. I have a colorful personality to match my colorful past & I wear many hats in this thing called LIFE. You’re going to learn a lot about me as I go along so here’s what you really need to know before joining me on this journey:
- I have a foul mouth and I write how I talk so if “bad words” bother you, then this blog is not for you. **update** I’m a bit more censored now but sometimes, I just can’t help myself. I promise I use them with intention and never for harm. I did in the beginning and I’m not going to go back and edit those posts because, well, I CBB. That was then, this is now. I am not the same person.
- I love acronyms (obviously,) hence the link in the menu. New ones will be added as needed.
- I love lists and numbers (again, obviously.)
- I love to use quotations, parenthesis, asterisks and capital letters.
- I am long winded both in the spoken and written word. Too lazy to read it all or don’t GAF about some of the stuff I write about? ZFG.
Deal with it or move on to the next post.**update**I mean, is that harsh? I can’t decide. Basically, I’m telling you it won’t hurt my feelings like it used to. Ha, look at that, I totally GAF! Hilarious!
- I’m ghostwriting this
shit. Pixie is not my real name. In fact, it is my former alter-ego when I drank. A handful (or a smidge more) of you know who I REALLY am. If you are one of them, I ask that you help protect me & my family’s anonymity by not sharing my true identity. You can share the shit out of my blog, just don’t say something like “check out my friend’s (tags my real name) blog!” **update** I now have made a few posts and pages password protected. I do, however, reveal my real first name somewhere in my story. I have no idea where. I guess you’ll just have to start from the beginning by clicking here.
What exactly is this blog about?
Simply put, this blog is about my relationship with alcohol and my recovery process in the past, present and future – basically, my entire story (for now) – and I encourage you to start from the beginning by clicking here. In the interest of anonymity for myself, my family and those I write about, names and details of stories have been/will be changed. Only a select few of those that know my true identity will know some or all of the actual facts in the stories revealed. Here’s a list of what to expect:
- Personal History
- Highbrow Humor
- Brutal Honesty
- Overdue Amends
- Nostalgic Moments
- Shameful Moments
- Steps 1-12
- Random Nicknames
- Birds and Peas
- Benevolent Normies*
- Faith & Hope
- Fervent Gratitude
What is the purpose of this blog?
Honestly, that’s hard to say. It started out as one thing and has evolved into more. I guess it has several purposes:
- My recovery has been slow going and unconventional. I have been wanting to share it for a long time but didn’t know exactly how – until now.
- If I’m being honest, I need to get some
shitstuff off my chest.
- I have embarked on a new path of self-discovery within my recovery and this is my way of documenting it &…
- …by documenting it, maybe my experience, strength and hope will help others who face hard times set out on their own paths of recovery and lastly…
- …humbly offer my help to those who want to live a fulfilling life free from their pasts because I have found a solution and I want to shout it from the rooftops.
I am a work in progress and so is this blog. It will likely change frequently and I welcome any feedback or constructive criticism my readers have to offer. What I do NOT welcome is negative feedback or pursuits to “change my mind” on the path I have chosen to take. I do my best to practice love and tolerance of others and it is my wish that my readers try to do the same. **UPDATE** Should parts of my story trigger you and you feel compelled to comment, by all means, have at it. I can assure you while I do care about you as a human being worthy of all things good in this world, I truly don’t care if you agree with my chosen path of recovery or not. Seriously.
IDGAF. **update** I still don’t…care…I still don’t care. God is my only judge.
Bottom line? I’m here to live out God’s will by sharing “the good Word” through stories from my life.
“God Shots” – they’re everywhere! You must first believe and trust.
…and you will find.